5 Star Hotel During Duration of Stay
A train trip away to see one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. We arrive at the Aguas Calientes station where our staff will assist us on boarding the bus to go up the winding road to Machu Picchu, amid a spectacular view of the Urubamba River and its canyon. The Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu, will astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. Energy is all around us. At the arranged time, we will take the train back to Cusco to be transferred to the hotel.
Start the day with early morning pickup from select hotels in Cusco and ride to the train station. Train options, which you can select when booking, include Expedition, Vistadome, and the Executive Class. The basic Expedition train is upholstered with traditional indigenous fabrics, while The Executive Class features plush chairs with tables at each pair of seats.
Traveling in Vistadome, you’ll have glass on all sides and above your head, great for taking in the full scale of the massive peaks. The newest option, the 360 Train, also has panoramic glass and updated, comfortable seats.
On arrival at Aguas Calientes, you'll continue to the ruins on a small bus for a guided tour of Machu Picchu that explores ancient stairways, temples, and sweeping views. Finish the day with the beautiful return trip to Cusco.
· Guided tour of Machu Picchu
· Local English- or Spanish-speaking guide
· Hotel pickup and drop-off. Note: Some hotels are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted. Send hotel details in order to arrange your pickup and drop-off in a nearby place if necessary.
· Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
Meet your guide at your Cusco hotel in the early morning, and take a seat in your vehicle. Then, head out of the city toward the village of Mollepata to begin your tour.
After breakfast in Mollepata, head onward to Soraypampa—the starting point of your trek—and enjoy sweeping views over the Apurimac River.
Follow rugged hiking trails to Humantay Lake, set at 13,800 feet (4,200 meters) above sea level. With your guide to lead the way, there’s no need for a map or electronic navigation.
On arrival, gaze out over the shimmering waters of Humantay Lake to the glacier above, and listen as your guide sheds light on the region’s geography and Inca mythology. Perhaps rent a horse to explore the landscape further (own expense). After Humantay Lake, head back to Mollepata for lunch.
Your tour concludes with drop-off at Plaza San Francisco Square.
· Trek through the Peruvian countryside to Humantay Lake with your guide
· Learn more about South America’s ancient Inca civilization
· Take in views over the Apurimac River and Humantay Lake
· Entrance fees, meals, and round-trip transport from Cusco included
Inclusions & Exclusions
· Hotel pickup in Cusco city
· Transport by private minivan
· Professional guide
· 1 American Breakfast, 1 lunch ( vegetarian option
· Polar Blankets
· 1 walking Stick
· First aid kit and emergency oxygen
Leave Cusco behind and head over to the Vilcanota River to embark on an exciting rafting adventure. Get ready for an adrenaline filled day, as you splash through the Peruvian rapids and finish off with a thrilling zip-line ride.
· Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
· Informative, friendly and professional guide
· All necessary equipment included
· Hotel pickup included
· Lunch included
· Small-group tour
Rafting and Zipline
What to Expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: River Rafting the Urubamba River, Plaza de Armas south side, Ollantaytambo Peru
Today you will be picked-up at your accommodation in Cuzco between 8:30 - 9:00am (The van will pick up passengers from several different hotels in Cuzco, so your pick-up time may vary. Please be ready and waiting in the lobby).
Then take a half-hour drive to reach Oropesa, a tiny Andean town famous for its homemade bread. Here we will make a stop to pick-up some fresh bread for lunch before driving to the rafting starting point, where the adventure begins. You will get geared up and receive a safety briefing from your professional rafting guide.
Head out into the water on the Vilcanota River, one of Peru's most important rivers for whitewater rafting. Surrounded by beautiful landscapes you will enjoy this super fun class III, III+ and IV rapids with new friends! After hours of thrilling adventure on the Vilcanota River, you will reach camp where you can change into dry clothes and have lunch. Then, at the same camp, feel the rush going down 2 fun ziplines. Relax on the drive back to Cuzco after an active day. You will be dropped off at the city centre.
Duration: 8 hours
· Hotel Pick-up Rafting equipment Wetsuit, Life-jacket & Helmet Professional English speaking guide Guaranteed security team Lunch Zip-line experience Full transportation
· Drinks at Lunch
· Rafting Shoes
· Hotel drop-off
Flights From Panama to Lima to Cusco
Flights From Cusco to Lima to Ohare
ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
NO SHOWS or CANCELLATIONS WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND.