Many people ask me how I stay so motivated.
In all honesty motivation doesn't always last. In my opinion it fizzles in and out during our lives -- what we need to focus on is discipline.
There are plenty of days where I would love to sit on my front porch and suck down popsicles and get tan -- or times where I would love to go on vacation and not work at all -- however I have trained myself to "just get er done!" <<that isn't motivation -- that is discipline.
When you build discipline you will be able to stay on track long and will be able to accomplish and maintain your goals.
Things that keep me on track.
1. Don't let yourself go completely
^^ example: if you have a cheat meal don't make it a CHEAT week because you had ONE bad meal -- get right back on track after that cheat meal.
Remember ONE meal will not make your skinny just like one meal will not make you fat. MODERATION is key.
2. Remind your self that SLOW progress is STILL progress
3. Don't let the scale determine what you eat or do -- stay consistent
4. Think about the end result not instant gratification
5. When choosing between things always pick the option that will move you towards a positive direction.
6. Always have good intentions with everything you do - KARMA
7. Do not let the thoughts and opinions of others set you back. Remind yourself of the people that truly matter in your life & let everything else go.
8. Plan -- if you fail to plan -- plan to fail
9. Organization -- jot down your day in a planner -- in my planner I have my workouts, cardio, meals, free time, hobby time all written out - this really helps me stay on track while having fun.
10. BE GRATEFUL -- a grateful person complains less and truly appreciates every step of the journey :)
I never said it would be easy --